With Father’s Day just around the corner, I reached out to some of my favorite Green Dads on Twitter and in the Blogosphere for some eco-friendly gift ideas. Here’s what four of those Green Dads confessed they’d love for Father’s Day.
1. Michael O’Loughlin of The Better Living Show aka @molfamily on Twitter is hoping for a reel mower. As Michael puts it, “ My electric one is nice, but not power is even better. Keeps me in shape also.”
2. @DerekMarkham, also known to many from his great blogs Natural Papa and TwilightEarth, has a bunch of great ideas, including “something to do with shaving (double-edged safety razor or a straight razor – greener than disposables or cartridge razors)”;
3. Derek would also love ” a solar charger for cell phone or laptop (Solio is a good one);” and
4. this green Dad points out that a guy’s got to eat. So Derek says a “stainless travel coffee mug (save on disposable cups) or water bottle or some organic Fair Trade coffee or chocolate” might be good options;
5. and of course Green Dads look great in t-shirts, so Derek reminds us that a nice gift is always “ an organic cotton T shirt with a ‘green’ slogan on it.” (I like these cute dog-themed soft organic cotton Ts from Fundamentally Dog, a company I did some work for a while back);
6. NaturalPapa Derek also points out that a bike messenger bag from recycled materials would be a way cool gift;
7. @GreenDadsBlog is a Dad with simple desires. He says, “ You kind of stumped me on this one. Personally I’d like to see no cards or gifts purchased, and a simple day spent with family.”
8. And my children’s very wonderful Dad, aka @organicmania_DH says he’d like some really cool upcycled or recycled (whatever you want to call it!) ) accessories like these cool DC trolley token cuff links or this neat bicycle chain frame from ecoartware.com . (Disclosure: ecoartware is a client of mine).
10. And for those Green Dads who are married to Twitter-addicted Social Media Moms, we might want to lay off the tweeting and blogging for the weekend! There’s nothing better than full-on attention from those you love.
Hope you and yours enjoy a wonderful Father’s Day Weekend!
Copyright OrganicMania 2009Holidays, Parenting | Wordpress Comment (1) |